When it comes to “dieting” the industry really has lost its mind…
Every day there seems to be a new insane take on a variation of low carb, high protein, or other wildly imbalanced meal plan…
But when you are finally over the madness of fad dieting, I urge you to look at the one diet with over 5,000 scientific notations and the only diet to be deemed the “anti-cancer diet.”
Tune into today’s #CabralConcept 2231 for a take on my modified Mediterranean Diet and what I did to make it even healthier – Enjoy the show and let me know what you thought in the comments!
– – –
Show Highlights & Big Takeaways:
1. What I Kept
Show Notes & Resources:
- Mourouti N, Kontogianni M, Papavagelis C, et al. Adherence to the Mediterranean Diet is associated with lower likelihood of breast cancer: a case-control study. Nutr Cancer 2014;66:810-817.
- Barona J, Jones J, Kopec R, et al. A Mediterranean-style low-glycemic-load diet increases plasma carotenoids and decreases LDL oxidation in women with metabolic syndrome. Nutr Biochem 2012;23:609-615.
- Schwingshackl L, Chaimani A, Hoffmann G. A network meta-analysis on the comparative efficacy of different dietary approaches on glycaemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Eur J Epidemiol 2018 Jan 4. doi: 10.1007/s10654-017-0352-x. [Epub ahead of print]
- Rosato V, Temple N, La Vecchia C, et al. Mediterranean Diet and cardiovascular disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Eur J Nutr 2017 Nov 25. doi: 10.1007/s00394-017-1582-0. [Epub ahead of print]
- Toledo E, Lopez-del Burgo C, Ruiz-Zambrana A, et al. Dietary patterns and difficulty conceiving: a nested case-control study. Fertil Steril 2011;96(5):1149-1153.
- Richard C, Couture P, Desroches S, et al. Effect of the Mediterranean Diet with and without weight loss on surrogate markers of cholesterol homeostasis in men with the metabolic syndrome. Br J Nutr 2012;107:705-711.
> Join Our Online Community (Free Q&A Facebook support group!)
Dr. Cabral’s Most Popular Lab Tests:
Get Your Question Answered on an Upcoming House Call!
Submit your question at:
– – –
Listen to Previous Podcasts:
To listen to other episodes of the Cabral Concept, visit:
– – –
Would You Take 30 Seconds to Rate & Review the Cabral Concept?
The best way to help me spread our mission of true natural health is to pass on the good word, and I read and appreciate every review!
- Click this link to open the Cabral Concept on Apple Podcasts
- Click “Listen On Apple Podcasts”
- Scroll down to the “Ratings & Reviews” section
- Click “Write a Review”