Introduction for Media Appearances
Our guest today, Dr. Stephen Cabral, is a Board Certified Doctor of Naturopathy and founder of the Cabral Wellness Institute and StephenCabral.com.
At 17 years old, Stephen Cabral was diagnosed with a life-altering illness and given no hope for recovery. Everyday, he suffered endlessly for many years. It was only after Stephen traveled all over the world and discovered how to combine ancient Ayurvedic healing practices with state-of-the-art Naturopathic & Functional Medicine did he understand how to fully rebalance the body and re-energize it with life.
Today in Dr. Cabral’s online and Boston practice, where he and his team have completed over 250,000 client appointments, he uses Functional Medicine lab testing and Personalized Wellness Plans to help people rebalance their mind and body to recover from auto-immune, thyroid, fatigue, hormone, weight gain, digestive, childhood, mood, skin, and dozens of other hard to treat health conditions.
His mission is to help people understand that there is always a reason why you have not achieved your ideal wellness or weight loss goals and that you can and will get well again!
Stephen Cabral’s Links
- StephenCabral.com (main page)
- StephenCabral.com/podcasts (Cabral Concept podcast page)
- Equi.Life (Functional Medicine Labs & Protocols)
- IntegrativeHealthPractitioner.org (Health Coaching Certification & Course)
Media Headshot Image
Boston Office Practice Image
Rain Barrel Effect Book Image
Additional “About” Biography & Credentials for Dr. Cabral
After 20 years of research study completed, dozens of certifications in the natural health field, over 250,000 client appointments, and a Doctoral Degree in Naturopathy, you can rest assured that Dr. Cabral’s knowledge, experience, and compassion are at the top of his field.
Dr. Cabral also spent over 5,000 hours of formal doctoral degree work, which included 2,200 hours of internships. These internships were mainly spent overseas studying the very best of natural medicine (much of which is unknown here in the US).
His internships included actually studying, working, and living in clinics all around the world. This intimate setting allowed Dr. Cabral to talk in depth with the patients at these clinics and listen to their struggles and path to wellness. He also got to see first hand the remarkable recoveries these people were making. Some of these internship locations included India, Sri Lanka, China, Europe, and various practices in the US.
Dr. Cabral’s podcast, the Cabral Concept, has been downloaded 50+ million times. He hosts a daily show that covers mindset, Functional Medicine, Integrative Health, weight loss, wellness, anti-aging, exercise, and product reviews. Plus, on the weekend editions of the show he answers the “Ask Cabral” questions that have come in over the past few weeks. You can see past episodes and all categories at StephenCabral.com/podcasts.
Media & Reach
Dr. Cabral has appeared in every type of media outlet as a national health & wellness consultant, as well as a contributor to Men’s Health, Women’s Day, Maxim, SELF, MTV, Diet.com, NutritionData, Conde Naste, and many others. He has also authored and co-authored 4 books and published over 1,100 articles.
Dr. Cabral has been hired by over 300 health clubs, wellness clinics, Holistic centers, training studios, and by other health professionals to improve their training programs and services. This allows Dr. Cabral to reach more people and hopefully improve more lives by teaching the health & fitness professionals that work directly with those in need.
Certifications & Specialties
Board Certified Doctor of Naturopathy (BCN)
Functional Medicine Practitioner (FMP)
Integrative Health Practitioner (IHP)
GAPS Practitioner (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)
Certified Strength & Conditioning Professional (NSCA – CSCS)
Certifed Personal Trainer (ACE, NASM-CPT)
Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner
Chinese Physiotherapy (pain-free bodywork)
American Association of Sports Dieticians (nutrition)
Live & Dried Blood Microscopy
Hair Mineral Analysis
Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping
Ayurvedic & TCM Acupressure & Marma Point Therapy
Metabolic Functional Biochemistry
Integrative Flexibility Specialist
(Other certifications include sub-specialities in nutrition, digestion, energy, metabolism, and more)
Areas of Practice
Autism, ADD/ADHD, Learning disabilities
Unknown & Hard to Treat Health Issues
American Naturopathic Medical Certification Board
American Integrative Health Association
Institute for Functional Medicine
American College of Sports Medicine
Academy of Integrative Medicine
American Association of Sports Dieticians
National Academy of Sports Medicine
National Strength & Conditioning Association
American Council on Exercise
American Safety & Health Institute
American Health & Fitness
International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association
American Heart Association
Family & Community
After growing up in Medford, MA and then spending 8 years in Providence Rhode Island, Dr. Cabral has made Boston his home the past 15 years. He currently lives in Boston’s South End and is an active member of the community with his wife, 2 young daughters, and crazy French Bulldog, Moose.
Looking for Topics or Questions to Ask Dr. Cabral?
Here is a list of frequently asked questions to Dr. Cabral when he appears as a guest on your podcast, TV show, or media appearance:
- Female hormone imbalances
- Gut & Digestive health imbalances
- Why weight gain has little to do with calories in/calories out
- How the “Rain Barrel Effect” is the true cause of dis-ease
- Why inflammation is not something to be squelched
- How low thyroid imbalances are easily correctable by pinpointing their underlying cause
- Why estrogen dominance is not typically caused by having too much estrogen
- Why eating a low carb diet destroys your metabolism in the long run
- How did you get into the health field of Functional Medicine & Integrative Health?
- What are some of the hidden toxins around us that we are unaware of that are making people unwell?
- What do these have to do with the rain barrel effect?
- How does your body get rid of these toxins?
- What does your body need to support healthy liver detox function?
- Should we be worried about inflammation?
- How do people ultimately get well, lose the weight and live longer?
Additional Optional Questions:
- What are the top foods we should be consuming on a daily basis?
- How do poor sleep patterns affect our mental and physical well-being?
- Do you recommend intermittent fasting?
- How often should someone do a longer fast?
- You have a very unique take on why people get sick and become overweight, can you explain that?
- I’ve heard you say that disease is not something treated. This seems to go against current philosophy can you explain more?
- Can you explain some of the underlying reasons why people get sick and become overweight?
- Isn’t disease and sickness really just genetic and we don’t have much control over it?
- How do we correct our current health issues or lose weight without fear of always regaining it?
Dr. Stephen Cabral has spoken to audiences all over the world in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. He can be hired to speak or keynote your event and can customize any topic for your specific audience. Please inquire using the email below for all inquiries.
All inquiries and emails should be directed to: