Dr. Cabral's Healthy Waffle & Pancake Recipe
- You eat waffles?
- You let your kids have pancakes?
- Are those gluten free?
- I thought you didn’t eat dairy?
- What’s the recipe?
Yes, I eat waffles on Sunday, my kids do eat pancakes, and they’re both gluten and dairy-free ; )
And of course, I’m happy to share the recipe…
My Sunday Morning Pancake & Waffle Recipe
- 1c gluten-free, organic oat flour
- 2tsp baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1/4tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1sc Chocolate or Vanilla DNS powder
- 2tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1/2tsp alcohol free vanilla or maple extract (optional)
- 1 egg (or 2 TBSP ground flax & water for vegan)
- 1/2c wild blueberries (adding fruit is optional)
- 3/4c nut milk
- Mix all wet & dry ingredients in separate bowls
- Combine wet & dry bowls and mix thoroughly
- Place in refrigerator for 10-minutes (to thicken)
- Add wild blueberries (thawed) or chocolate chips
- Waffles take 5-minutes to cook – Pancakes vary based on cooktop
One More Note:
The recipe makes enough for 3-4 people (I usually double the recipe) and they are easy to freeze once cooked + they heat up in just 5-minutes at 350˚ in the oven for an easy kid’s (or adult) breakfast!
They really are every bit as delicious as old-school, buttermilk pancakes that are loaded with gluten, dairy, and canola oil, but the above recipe is actually healthy and won’t leave you bloated or feeling tired after eating them ; )
Remember, living a healthy, active lifestyle for you and your family is a lot of fun with the right plan!
For more information on how to DETOX your life and Empty Your Rain Barrel™ you can pick up a free copy of my book at StephenCabral.com