Meet Naturopathic, Ayurvedic & Functional Medicine Doctor, Stephen Cabral
Stephen Cabral, ND
Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor
Stephen Cabral, ND developed his passion for health & wellness after going through severe health complications at the age of 17. He saw over 50 different doctors, tried over 100 different treatment protocols, but still saw no hope of recovery.
It wasn’t until he met an “alternative” health doctor whom explained to him how he got here and how he could become well again, that he began his recovery process. It was at this young age that he knew his life would be dedicated to helping others rebalance their bodies and renew their health.
After almost 20 years and over 600,000 pages of research study completed, dozens of certifications in the natural health field, over 16,000 health & fitness client sessions, and a doctoral degree in Naturopathy, you can rest assured that Dr. Cabral’s knowledge, experience, and compassion are at the top of his field.
Dr. Cabral also spent over 5,000 hours of formal doctoral degree work, which included 2,200 hours of internships. These internships were mainly spent overseas studying the very best of natural medicine (much of which is unknown here in the US).
His internships included actually studying, working, and living in clinics all around the world. This intimate setting allowed Dr. Cabral to talk in depth with the patients at these clinics and listen to their struggles and path to wellness. He also got to see first hand the remarkable recoveries these people were making. Some of these internship locations included India, Sri Lanka, China, Europe, and various practices in the US.
Stephen Cabral, ND also works with many other doctors on their own personal health and has great relationships with numerous colleagues in the wellness & medical field that he works on cases with. Dr. Cabral has a large network of MDs, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, Nutritionists, Biological Dentists, and many other health practitioners that are available to you if needed. (Contact us for more Naturopathic Doctor Boston referrals)
Media & Reach
Dr. Cabral has appeared in every type of media outlet as a national health & wellness consultant, as well as a contributor to MTV, Men’s Health, Women’s Day, Maxim, SELF, Diet.com, NutritionData, Conde Naste, and many others. He has also authored and co-authored 4 books and published over 1,100 articles.
Dr. Cabral has been hired by over 300 health clubs, wellness clinics, Holistic centers, training studios, and by other health professionals to improve their training programs and services. This allows Dr. Cabral to reach more people and hopefully improve more lives by teaching the health & fitness professionals that work directly with those in need.
Certifications & Specialties
- Board Certified Naturopathic Doctor
- Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Integrative Medicine Practitioner
- GAPS Practitioner (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Professional
- Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner
- Chinese Physiotherapy (pain-free bodywork)
- American Association of Sports Dieticians (nutrition)
- Live & Dried Blood Microscopy
- Hair Mineral Analysis
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Cupping
- Ayurvedic & TCM Acupressure & Marma Point Therapy
- Metabolic Functional Biochemistry
- Integrative Flexibility Specialist
- (Other certifications include sub-specialities in nutrition, digestion, energy, metabolism, and more)
Areas of Practice
- Weight Loss
- Skin conditions
- Autism, ADD/ADHD, Learning disabilities
- Unknown & Hard to Treat Health Issues
- American Naturopathic Medical Association
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Academy of Integrative Medicine
- Life Extension
- American Association of Sports Dieticians
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- American Council on Exercise
- American Safety & Health Institute
- American Health & Fitness
- International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association
- American Heart Association
Family & Community
After growing up in Medford, MA and then spending 8 years in Providence Rhode Island, Dr. Cabral has made Boston his home the past 12 years. He currently lives in Boston’s South End and is an active member of the community with his wife, 2 young daughters, and crazy French Bulldog, Moose.